It’s far too easy to go through life self-consumed without even thinking about how the people around you are doing. Too often people go unnoticed. Valentine’s Day is in three days. The team here at Eurasia Café want to make it a day that goes beyond couples, dates and all that can be expected of Valentine’s Day, and encourage you all to participate in a challenge. We want to encourage you all to really look beyond yourself and to act in a manner that blesses people around you and brightens their day. We think a great way to do so would be to participate in our 3-day “Random Acts of Kindness Challenge”!
This challenge would consist of you really going out of your way to perform a kind deed to someone around you. This kind deed could be almost anything. Be creative!!
Through the Random Acts of Kindness Challenge you can truly change the world one act at a time. There are numerous ways in which you can display kindness to those around you. We’ll list off a few for you! Random Acts of Kindness:
– Smile at 10 strangers.
– Pick up trash.
– Hold the door open for someone.
– Return a shopping cart.
– At the grocery store, donate $1 to whatever cause they are supporting.
– Help someone load or unload their groceries.
– Offer a piece of gum to someone.
– Let someone go in front of you in line.
– Buy something for the person in line behind you or for the person in the car behind you.
– Pay the bill of someone’s dinner in the restaurant.
– Tip 100% of your bill.
– Reach out to someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
– Email someone that you do not know but has inspired you in some way.
– Be generous with compliments.
– Say thank you.
– Write a letter to someone who has made a difference in your life.
– Be kind to someone you dislike.
– Be a friend who listens.
One person can make a difference; one deed can make a difference. It’s a matter of bringing joy to someone, to brighten someone’s day. We don’t know what troubles people face daily and it is amazing what something as simple as a smile or someone caring about someone can do for that individual. It’s not about getting anything else in return; it’s about making a difference and shining a little light into someone’s life.
So what do you say to this challenge? We challenge you to perform at least one random act of kindness each day, for three days, until Valentine’s Day (February 14, 2013). Then come back here and let us know about how the challenge went. Be someone who makes someone else look forward to tomorrow.